Blog posts are due every Tuesday by 11:59pm.

Wednesday, March 12, 2014


Art is found everywhere I look. Every corner I turn, every piece of clothing I buy, and in everything I eat. There are all types of art. Just because it’s not hung up in a museum or being auctioned away for a large amount, doesn’t mean it’s not art. Art comes in many different forms and is made for a variety of reasons. Take this beautiful work of art for example:

 

This work of art was created on the outside of building. No fancy museum, no being hung in someone’s home. It was done outside, right in the open where every and anybody can see it. The first thing I notice when I look at this work of art is the bright red sweater. If I had to take a guess, I would say she created this work of art to give form to feeling and idea. Just by looking at the picture you can’t tell for sure exactly why she drew this work of art or what it means. But by just observing it you as a viewer create your own ideas and opinion about the painting. From this work of art I can see that the person in the red sweater must have a love for animals. The way she is sitting there with the jaguar and deer, usually the jaguar would be ready to attack but it’s just sitting there starting with this sad expression on his face. The deer looks like it has a little smile on its face as if the person with the red sweater saved him from the jaguar, and that’s probably why the jaguar looks so sad. The person had a flower in their hand, probably giving it to the jaguar as an apology for not letting him have his meal. This work of art stands out. It’s something you see when you’re walking down the street and you just have to stop and take a look.

 

-Rebecca Sidial

1 comment:

  1. nice post Rebecca- but what about the directive question: what is the purpose of this art according to the points we reviewed in class about why artists make art?

    ReplyDelete