Rushing through the sea of people unintentionally I glanced over to my right and realized how art has its way on grasping my eye, in a matter of seconds I was standing in front of a man declaring himself "The Can Man". He makes art out of empty soda cans. The Can Man was selling the small ones for $5 and the bigger ones for $10. The way he made their unique shape was incredible. I was thinking there would be a circumspect approach as to cutting the cheap but very sharp aluminum cautiously. To my surprise, his agile fingers had done the work expeditiously. In the end it's aesthetic form, making it hard to believe it was ever a can of soda, gave it vast opportunities for its use I say this as a result of asking a few observers to tell me what they liked about these particular pieces. Jerry, a former observer told me that "he can distinguish real art, art that can be used for good like recycling". A pair of tourist, Ada and her husband, Ettore form Italy, told me "they would put their new eye-catching candle holders in their kitchen". Beyond doubt, The Can Man is an artist, he created a peculiar but also marvelous piece of art out of a common can of soda. This artist is not only making a few extra money to get by but we have to be cognizant of the aesthetic those pieces are communicating; art is all around usBlog posts are due every Tuesday by 11:59pm.
Thursday, March 6, 2014
Blog post #1 By Katia Lopez
I grew up in Bronx, New York and from the subway station abound with fascinating graffiti to the cluster of artist with a vaulting ambition to display their unique art in the streets, it is evident that art is in every direction. I have always known I was surrounded as well as inspired by art. I have learned that everyone is creative in their own way and the constant dynamic of art has given us a way to communicate without really speaking. Particularly, the is always someone either playing an instrument, singing or dancing underground in Grand Central 42 Street.
Rushing through the sea of people unintentionally I glanced over to my right and realized how art has its way on grasping my eye, in a matter of seconds I was standing in front of a man declaring himself "The Can Man". He makes art out of empty soda cans. The Can Man was selling the small ones for $5 and the bigger ones for $10. The way he made their unique shape was incredible. I was thinking there would be a circumspect approach as to cutting the cheap but very sharp aluminum cautiously. To my surprise, his agile fingers had done the work expeditiously. In the end it's aesthetic form, making it hard to believe it was ever a can of soda, gave it vast opportunities for its use I say this as a result of asking a few observers to tell me what they liked about these particular pieces. Jerry, a former observer told me that "he can distinguish real art, art that can be used for good like recycling". A pair of tourist, Ada and her husband, Ettore form Italy, told me "they would put their new eye-catching candle holders in their kitchen". Beyond doubt, The Can Man is an artist, he created a peculiar but also marvelous piece of art out of a common can of soda. This artist is not only making a few extra money to get by but we have to be cognizant of the aesthetic those pieces are communicating; art is all around us
Rushing through the sea of people unintentionally I glanced over to my right and realized how art has its way on grasping my eye, in a matter of seconds I was standing in front of a man declaring himself "The Can Man". He makes art out of empty soda cans. The Can Man was selling the small ones for $5 and the bigger ones for $10. The way he made their unique shape was incredible. I was thinking there would be a circumspect approach as to cutting the cheap but very sharp aluminum cautiously. To my surprise, his agile fingers had done the work expeditiously. In the end it's aesthetic form, making it hard to believe it was ever a can of soda, gave it vast opportunities for its use I say this as a result of asking a few observers to tell me what they liked about these particular pieces. Jerry, a former observer told me that "he can distinguish real art, art that can be used for good like recycling". A pair of tourist, Ada and her husband, Ettore form Italy, told me "they would put their new eye-catching candle holders in their kitchen". Beyond doubt, The Can Man is an artist, he created a peculiar but also marvelous piece of art out of a common can of soda. This artist is not only making a few extra money to get by but we have to be cognizant of the aesthetic those pieces are communicating; art is all around us
Labels:
BlogPost#1,
Katia,
The Need for Art
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Its amazing how they get "free money" from working their talents on recycled cans.
ReplyDeleteGood post Katia. We do walk by art everyday and it's worth it to take time to stop sometimes. Of the list of needs/purposes for art that we discussed in class, which one (or ones) does this fit into?
ReplyDelete