Blog posts are due every Tuesday by 11:59pm.

Wednesday, March 26, 2014

The photo I picked is a artist named Romeo Santos. In Latin America he is considered the prince charming and heart melting to all women. I fell that he is idealized because there are a lot of people that wish they can be him, also if you think about it the music industry use handsome people so that society can be hooked to them. Society is mainly drawn to good looking people that is one reason why I believe that Romeo Santos is a perfect candidate for the style of idealize. If you look at Romeo Santos you see that he isn't guy he is attractive and his voice and the way he sings and writes his songs are mostly about love and betrayal which are to things that humans go through in life especially women so they listen to his music and compare their life to the lyrics of the song. Some girls also compare they boyfriend or husband to Romeo Santos because they feel that he’s highly romantic and what woman wouldn't want that. I don’t think that burgers ideas apply to this photograph because he isn't nude and the object of this photo isn't a woman it’s a man.

1 comment:

  1. Jewry- this is a commercial/marketing photograph- not a work of art. We will discuss this in class tomorrow-but we already had a discussion on your first blog post of the tree. Also is Berger only talking about nude images? I think he was talking more about the subject/object and the role of the viewer. Please see me for clarifications- I wish you had brought this up during the discussion if it was not clear.

    ReplyDelete