Blog posts are due every Tuesday by 11:59pm.

Tuesday, April 8, 2014

Accidental Art

Gabriela Caceres 
4/8/14
Art & Society
Accidental Art

"Manhattan"



While I was walking through Rockefeller center today, I noticed that this sidewalk had a distinctive yet attractive pattern. What drew my attention and compelled me to stop and take this picture, were the neat bold lines and dark colors. The way the vertical and horizontal lines interact with each other creates this interesting appearance.  As well as forming some geometric shapes such as, thin rectangles and squares by crossing each other. While viewing the photo I sense sadness and depression. Perhaps the dark purple and blue colors suggest negativity.  The purple combined with white creates a pattern at the bottom of the photo. It enhances contrast by placing the colors below the dark purple rectangle.



                                                            "The Battle of the Times"






The variety of colors and the shapes in this photograph are the essential elements that attracted and compelled me to take this photograph. I took this photo today while I was in my cousin’s bedroom on her Mac-book. The stacked books are overly colorful including the mouse pad. The books are shaped in square form and the computer mouse is the only object in the photo that has an organic shape. It also sticks out considering that the entire photo is colorful and the mouse is white. I titled this photo “The Battle of the Times” considering that the mac-book is what most of us utilize today, and aside there are printed books that are becoming less popular in our current society.

No comments:

Post a Comment