Blog posts are due every Tuesday by 11:59pm.
Tuesday, April 8, 2014
Blog Post #4
The Branch Portal (left) and The Fairy and its Shadow (right)
The Branch Portal was stumbled upon when me and some friends were exploring an abandoned railroad. As the adventurous teens we are, we kept walking into the darkness of the night, not knowing what will come our way. I shined my flashlight further ahead and immediately glanced upon two branches almost parallel to each other that seem to resemble a doorway. I took a picture and glanced at how eerie the photo was. The lines of the branches twist and turn as your curious eyes gaze into the darkness wondering what sleeps within it. This is similar to that of a demon portal. You can hear the crunching of the leaves as you feel as though you're walking in the picture, then slowly fading to black.
The Fairy and its Shadow was taken outside a random building somewhere in Queens. I still do not know what this mysterious insect is, it seems to resemble a firefly, except it was day time when I took this photo and it always had a light green glow around it. I thought it was unusual and beautiful at the same time as I watched it fly around me. It then took a rest on the building wall next to a dirt spot on the building. I immediately took a picture of it. The dirt spot coincidentally seemed to represent a dark version of it if you look closely. It then struck me how light and dark are displayed, and even if you are full of good hope, darkness is always lurking around you.
Labels:
Blog Post #4,
Riyan
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment