Blog posts are due every Tuesday by 11:59pm.

Tuesday, April 8, 2014

The Cloud Dragon and the Aquatic Heart

The image to the left I call "The Cloud Dragon". This image was taken in my apartment in the Bronx on the 9th floor by my amazing mother. This image just yelled out to me. The way the sun hit the top part of the cloud (the dragon's head) making it look like a neon orange or yellow to me. Then as it gets lower the body and the cloud it stands upon is purple with tints of orange. This images negative space is a cool shade of blue, while the positive space is the dragon and the cloud beneath it, which are warm and cool colors. The fact the clouds transformed into what to me appears to depict a dragon fascinates me, and has inspired me to want to get a tattoo similar to this concept, or image.
The image to the right I call "The Aquatic Heart". This image was taken in Cali, Colombia in the apartment by me. As I was brushing my teeth I glanced into the see through glass shower to see what seemed to me to be a heart! The chances of this happening on its own I thought was one in a million, so I quickly took the picture before it would disappear. The negative space would be the dark grey marble tiles, while the heart and the soap residue is the positive space. I like to think that the heart is smoking, due to the soap residue that is next to it, which gives it a special bond of water and gas.

No comments:

Post a Comment