Blog posts are due every Tuesday by 11:59pm.

Wednesday, April 9, 2014

Blog Post #4 Accidental Art

 "Thanks For the Mess, Mom!!"


I spotted this piece instantly after getting home. Most see this coffee mug and think "Who left this mess??", I see this and i see a beautiful monochromatic accidental artwork. What first struck me about this piece is the variety of brown tones. I focus the camera in an angle that clearly showed all the different brown tones in the piece. A beautiful dark brown tone is displayed in the inside of the mug and the in elk drawn in the front. The dark coffee spilled on to the paper towel displaying a much lighter tone of brown. The Coffee that spills down the side of the mug display a darker brown tone as it completely dried.  The elegant design printed on the napkin also is made up of a couple of different brown and dark red tones. Yet another element that makes this piece amazing is the coincidence that my mother worn a reddish brown lipstick adding to the variety o the brown tones displayed in the piece. Lastly that chair that the mug was place on is the darkest of all brown tones. I find it amazing that this artwork was done completely unintentional.

"Worn, Water-Spotted, Burnt Table or Exquisite Work of Art?" 


Here is a table is walk past every day in my living room. But today, I analyze the table an exquisite accidental work of monochromatic art. What strikes me about this work is the variety of brown tones. The table displays three different brown tones. First, the original color of the table is dark brown. Over time water that spills on the table soaks in and create these very light brown water-spots. On the top right had corner appears two dark brown tones. These two circles were unintentionally created when a hookah charcoal was dropped on the table. Lastly the background displays a combination of brown tones. This background consists of hardwood flooring with both dark and brown tones.

1 comment:

  1. I apologize for the slightly late post. The second images gave me some of trouble to upload due to the fact that it was edited and cropped, so it was not recognized by the blog.

    ReplyDelete