Blog posts are due every Tuesday by 11:59pm.

Tuesday, April 8, 2014

"City Lights", by Kiante Evans. "Momentous Occasions", by Kiante Evans. Accidental Art.

This originally was a picture of my bathroom floor, a mundane assemblage of geometric squares and ugly blue, red, and yellow tiles.I took to instagram to immortalize my bathroom floor for all to marvel at and thought, maybe I should filter this, so I filtered. I filtered twice, three, four, five, six times. What was once my floor dead floor was resuscitated and basked in it’s own ambiguity. A few glances and one might see the city lights, or a neon sign for a sketchy shop you tend to come across at 4 in the morning drunk wandering the streets with your friends. The value rushes in and out, curving around some squares, fading them. Some more than others, others like the square in the middle remain clean and sober and free from all obstructions. 2040 Bruckner Blvd.  Bathroom floors.


It's more than likely you've seen a star in the sky, unless you're blind, in which case if you live in New York you aren't missing much anyway. But to see a star return home, gather all it's essences and book the trip to visit it's maker, I doubt you've come across that until now. The orange nebula in the background emanating it's glow interact with the incandescant lights of the dying star and create a stanch blending of value. The diagonal lines of the gathering essences seem to be approaching the middle of the foreground that houses the gas giant about to implode. Abstract. A broken TV. 2040 Bruckner Blvd. 






No comments:

Post a Comment