Blog posts are due every Tuesday by 11:59pm.

Wednesday, May 21, 2014

Minimum wage

Amongst today's manny controversial  issues, minimum wage increase has been a very popular topic. Society is demanding a fair minimum wage increase from big industries. I strongly support this issue because with out their employees they wouldn't be where they are. The perfect Monument/artwork would be a sculpture. Made up of real items collected from different jobs to represent all. The sculpture will depict , the employee as the support system of all these wealthy but low paying jobs.
My sculpture will consist of a person
Holding up a bunch of items from different types of jobs like, brooms, mops, pans , utensils , cups, papers, gloves , and many more items. My sculpture will represent the strength, support, and hard work that the employees  do. These industries don't value their workers and don't realize they are the reason their businesses are up and running.  I personally have worked for some of the widely  popular  industries and for the amount of work they expect they don't pay enough. For example i was put to do the work of a manager while being paid for my position as a cashier. My sculpture will be located everywhere, I would like it to be move around spreading the message through out society. This monument is meant for society and for the BIG INDUSTRIES.

                            

1 comment:

  1. This sounds great Cris- I can't wait to see your illustration. Please post it.

    ReplyDelete