An issue that I see in this world is that there isn't equality.
There isn't equality in race, politics, and especially in sexual orientation. That’s
why my cause is equal rights and to stop stereotypes. As my monument I want it
to be a torch made out of black and white arms and instead of flames I want it
to be a flamboyant rainbow of different arms as you see in the image. The message
that I am trying to portray is that we all come from the same roots it’s just
that people adapted better to different things and no matter what we like we
should be free to express our thoughts. This is why I replaced the flames with
a rainbow because a flame burns freely and beautifully and I believe that our
minds as human beings should burn like the flame and not be contained by
society. I would like my monument to be huge so that people can admire it and
stand under it, so they can feel a connection to it. The torch itself I would
like it to be made out of metal but the rainbow arms which represent the flame I
would like them to be made of different
colors of glass and a special fabric that would make the flames look like they
are lit up when the wind blows. I would also like to put a light beam so that
in the night time it looks like a rainbow in the sky. I want my monument to be
for all those teens that committed suicide just because they felt neglected by society,
I want it to be for the people that embrace who they are, and most importantly I
want it to be for the ignorant people that just don’t understand the struggles
that certain human beings have to face just to try to fit in. I would like to
open people’s eyes with a beautiful monument that illustrates the beautiful
colors that we all have, but in order to see it we need to get out of this fog
we call society and look for the light we call acceptance and equality.
Jewry this is the BEST blog post you've done all semester! You described your cause/idea clearly and your illustration is great!
ReplyDelete