Blog posts are due every Tuesday by 11:59pm.

Tuesday, May 27, 2014

Online Class answers 2 questions

1.            Media impacts the art industries today by over pricing tags on specific art of an artist. Filthy and or Rich millionaires to billionaires will defiantly buy a $100,000 painting. History of an artist also molds contemporary society’s value of an artwork by him or her producing what appeals to the bidder or buyer with lots of pocket money. I agree in the fact that an artist must make a living by selling it’s own genuine and personal art work. But I question the business industries’ methods of how it sells art and how it influence the art industry into an informal art commodity.

2.            Does it matter who made it? Yes it does, but is it the artist’s name that gives an art its true value? Personally art should not just be admired but also value it’s significant forms. The perception that evokes aesthetic emotions are the true value of a painting, sculpture, and drawing. These elements should determine the value of an art work.


On a rare occasion, with the money I have now I would buy a painting around $150 by some underground artist or even a friend's painting if it was significant enough to me. I would buy this painting for $50 Designed by JR

How much do you think the value of this painting?

           

No comments:

Post a Comment