![]() |
| Armor for the Joust of Peace |
![]() |
| Actor in Samurai Armor |
![]() |
| Sword and Scabbard |
My museum is a place where you can come and feel safe and welcomed, where people can come experience the art without being afraid of breaking any rules. My mission is similar to a charitable foundation, raising money so that I can give back to the community. My main concern with museums today is that they don’t seem to be that friendly or treat the visitors with open arms. Most museums in NYC charge at least twelve dollars a person, for what? So they can come in and stare at art. There are many differences in the experiences you can have in a museum, you can come in and blankly stare at pieces of work, or you can leave mesmerized. If I’m paying twelve dollars, I want to have the best experience that I possibly can. I’m also not saying that the art is bad, the art at many of the museums are beautiful, there’s just the atmosphere of museums that can totally ruin the experience.
My museum’s
overall mission is to use the money from visitors to give back to the
community, a hard task for most, as I’m assuming that entry fee money is used
for the museum’s maintenance. In a perfect world I’ll be able to sustain the
museum’s utility use as well as being able to give to organizations that
dedicate to helping those in need. Helping those in poverty, those in debt with
hospital bills, or birth defects and etc. Every couple of months the
destination or organization would change. My ideal location would have to be in
cities that are well-populated and centered around attractions or main
attractions. A couple of examples are, NYC: Times Square, Paris: Eiffel Tower,
Japan: Tokyo. I think the idea is to circle around a couple of locations, keep
the galleries and museums moving. This way people can have a greater urge to
visit my museum; because there is a possibility they wont have the opportunity
to see it again for quite some time. I’m aiming to attract anyone who is
willing to make a difference no matter how small; any amount of volunteering
and outreach can make a difference
My art collection would be centered
on the idea of interaction and being a part of the art. Any art you feel
tempted to touch in my museum, you can. I’ve always loved the idea of touching
the art, of course I understand why there is restrictions in current museums
but I’d love to take a different approach and see how it goes. The three art
pieces are some of the pieces you might see at my exhibits. Armor you may
where, a sword you may hold or a photograph of Actor in Samurai Armor. Photo children can idolize and see
themselves, letting their imagination go crazy. Museum, Canvas of the World. This means that my museums paves way
as the example, of the way museums should be, if only in a perfect world.



I love this idea for a museum- to have it move around every so often would also prevent it from becoming too established, formal and stuffy. And great idea about the interactivity- it would more of an experience that just passive viewing.
ReplyDelete