Blog posts are due every Tuesday by 11:59pm.

Tuesday, June 10, 2014

Blog 9 & 10

Art and Society has given me a new outlook on art. At the beginning of the semester I saw different works of art but I never really looked at them. Now towards the end of the semester when I look at a work of art I know notice the colors, lines, textures, and shapes. It’s as if I have a brand new pair of eyes in which I can look at art and appreciate the work of detail put into it. I can now see things I never thought I would see when looking at any piece of art. I can say I definitely learned to appreciate art on another level. With so much artwork out in the world from graffiti to installations in museums to accidental artwork, I’ve learned that art can be almost anywhere you just have to have the eyes for it! Living in New York City we have the great opportunity to experience the variety of artwork out in the world from the museums to the subway stations, we can all get the chance to enjoy art in a brand new way. With Art and Society I can now look around this city and admire all the works of art out in the streets.


This course has been astounding! I think I enjoyed about this corse have been the blogs! Although we weren’t necessarily posting on Facebook we were able to write about our experiences in the museums we visit and who doesn’t love sharing their experiences with friends? Posting on the blog was much more convent then having to write a paragraph or two and having to had it in class the next week. The blogs were practical and most of the times did not even feel like doing homework. It made doing “work” so much more fun. I especially enjoyed reading and seeing my classmates blog on accidental art and the witty titles they named their works of art. I would not change one thing with this course, it was an absolute joy to be part of such a class. Professor Elsayed made the course all the more enjoyable and I would definitely recommend her to anyone looking to take an art class, with her passion for art and cheerful attitude, she could make almost everyone get excited about art. I can honestly say she made Art and Society my favorite class of the semester. 

No comments:

Post a Comment